I love Hanauma Bay. I think it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been, just to look at it from above, and then beyond that, you get to swim with fish. Not just boring fish, you know, the kind you'd like to eat, but flashy fish -- the bling kings of the ocean. It was frequently overcast today, there were occasional gusts of wind blowing sand into everything, but it was still heaven. Unfortunately, you couldn't see the fish as well as you sometimes can because the overcast and the roily water made it kind of murky.
I think the tide was lower than when we usually go to Hanauma Bay, because as I was trying to navigate over coral reefs I have previously floated over, I got beached on the coral. And it's certainly not because I'm less bouyant than last year, though maybe the fat is hanging down lower. But we had a wonderful time anyway.
The bus was really full on the way out, we got the last two available seats. Coming back, we got on the bus before it went to the end of the line at Makapu point, Sea World, which was a good thing, because when the bus came back to Hanauma Bay, everybody who got on had to stand up all the way back to Honolulu.
We went back to the International Market for dinner tonight, because John couldn't remember the macadamia-crusted opakapaka we had for dinner last week when he was sick with a cold. Of course, we are flirting with a pattern here -- last Sunday and this Sunday we ate at the same Thai place, last Monday and this Monday we ate at the same place. Fortunately, I can't remember where we ate last Tuesday, so we may break the pattern tomorrow.
I'm going to try to video the news if they show the surfing tonight. Shoot! I didn't do it when they had it at the front of the news, and unlike most local news shows, they didn't repeat it again. It is my favorite thing about Hawaii, though, that the sports coverage is often about surfing instead of other boring sports where men chase balls around trying to recapture their prehistoric roots on the savannah.




No comments:
Post a Comment